Technical Support Engineer
£25,000 - £35,000 pa DOE Plus Extensive Benefits (see below)
SiPalto are telephony and VoIP experts with our own portfolio of products that meet all of businesses' voice, video and communications needs.
From our inception in 2009, we have grown organically and developed an incredible range of solutions, including our flagship product, SiP Cloud, a VoIP hosted platform. We offer exceptional value in network solutions that are coupled with intuitive design and advanced technical concepts and deliver simple working solutions.
Now, with more than 200 business customers, we are looking to grow our team. As such, we are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join us in Haggerston and support our continued growth.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Act as the first point of contact for 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support queries primarily focusing on VoIP solutions
- Respond immediately to support requests received via phone and email
- Raise support tickets and manage their journey through to resolution
- Troubleshoot, test, diagnose and resolve faults with third party systems
- Support customers and manage their accounts
- Configure and install hardware such as VoIP phones, broadband routers, ethernet switches and wireless access points
- Deliver training for customers on both hardware and software
- Upgrade customers' hardware as required
- Occasionally visit customers for troubleshooting and installation purposes
Interested? As a Technical Support Engineer, you will need:
- At least two years' experience in a helpdesk and/or customer-facing support role
- Exposure to a helpdesk and/or support ticketing system
- Knowledge and an understanding of VoIP phone systems and SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), including administering phone system changes (setting up call routing, ring groups etc.) and configuring a variety of different VoIP handsets
- To be confident in setting up and installing a variety of different hardware such as broadband routers, network switches, access points and VoIP phones
- Working knowledge of IPv4 networking, routing and switching, VLANs, VPN, NAT and IP connectivity troubleshooting
Cisco, Netgear and/or Draytek Switches and/or Firewalls configuration and maintenance experience would be beneficial to your application. A CCNA qualification or equivalent would also be an advantage, as would experience of wiring network cabinets and installing hardware in network cabinets.
Other organisations may call this role VoIP Engineer, Network Engineer, Telephony Engineer, VoIP Systems Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, 1st Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, or Unified Communications Engineer.
But what's in it for you?
- Benefits including discretionary Christmas bonus and training budget for external courses
- The chance to become a product expert on a unique range of telephony and VoIP solutions
- Extensive internal and external training in VoIP and telephony services (voice and video)
- Take on a role with 90% helpdesk and 10% visiting customers to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Work with an incredible in-house designed and built system
- Great perks such as office lunches and summer and Christmas parties
- Excellent paid holiday: 20 days' + Bank Holidays + Christmas shutdown + an additional day for every year with the company (up to 10 years)
Webrecruit and SiPalto are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Technical Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.