Technical Support Engineer - IT Network Based Solutions
Broadcast production companies are rapidly migrating over to IT network base systems as their core infrastructure. Traditional point to point architecture is fast disappearing as they are replaced by cutting edge Network based solutions.
This is an opportunity to join a world leading company who design and manufacture innovative and pioneering broadcast equipment. They are looking for keen and enthusiastic candidates with a genuine passion for Network topology and design to become part of their UK based team. Prior knowledge of the broadcast industry is not a requirement, what they are looking for is your IT & Network skills.
This is a global technology company committed to servicing their customers worldwide. The role encompass many aspects including the direct support of their customer base, be it onsite or remotely providing technical support, commissioning and training.
This position is a challenging mix combining technical know-how and customer service skills and at times includes traveling to their customer's production studios and distribution facilities national and internationally.
- To respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, configuration and upgrades.
- To assess the customer to troubleshoot and diagnose issues to determine the root cause.
- To install products or systems at customer sites and deliver technical training.
- To maintain a communication between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes to the product managers.
- To recommend solutions appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner.
- A passion and deep understanding of Network topology and design.
- Direct experience with Network infrastructure and Server Hardware setup.
- IT, Network, Computer or Electronic education.
- A desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence.
- Passion for technology and learning new software and hardware products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for problem solving and able to react to changing situations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Eligible for international travel and able to work alone with little or no supervision.
The Technical Support team is based at the office located on the outskirts of Reading, Berkshire at Winnersh Triangle. The office is serviced with good road and rail links for commuting from within Reading and the surrounding area.
The role is initially be based at the office but once the successful candidates is up to speed there will regular opportunities for travel both nationally and internationally supporting their extensive customer base. All travel expenditures is fully reimbursed plus additional remuneration for overtime and additional Road Bonus payments linked to international travel.