Technician Motor Transport/Automobile Mechanic
Make a difference every day
We are a multinational organization with a global team of 50,000 colleagues. In the Middle East we operate in the Transport, Defence & Advisory sectors, delivering services in Asset Management, Customer Experience, Fire & Rescue and Air Navigation Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services to fulfil our purpose to impact a better future by "Bringing National Visions to Life".
We are looking for Technician Motor Transport Automobile Mechanic to carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on motor vehicle equipment and systems, individually or as part of a technical team, within a designated area of the facilities, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the operations.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor/duty engineer to achieve the purpose
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of vehicle electrical and engine systems from drawings irrespective of manufacturer
- Can correctly setup and use test equipment and interpret the test results to include Digital Multi meter and In situ diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to raise & complete PMS fault report sheets, daily utilization reports and CMMS work orders
- Knowledge in the use & interpretation of Local and International Plumbing, drainage & Pipework Standards and Regulations
- Ability to adopt a logical or methodical approach to troubleshooting & fault finding on automobile equipment and special vehicles
- Acts a role model for tradesman and helpers and leads the team by example with consistent attention to detail and quality by demonstrating a "get it right first time every time" attitude to the job
- Assets exposure to Various types of Light Motor Vehicles, Club Cars, Electric /Diesel Access Machines, Airport special utility vehicles such as runway sweeper, hydro blasting machines, etc. and Fire Tenders
- Assist and work as a lead person for Periodic Preventive Maintenance, Breakdown Trouble Shooting, Inspections, Condition Assessment, Condition Based Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance & Configuration and Modifications
- Task experience in General Repairs and maintenance on various motor vehicles, Periodic Services, Planned maintenance service checks and Breakdown Troubleshooting
- High School Certificate or Industrial Training Institute Diploma (3-year duration) in Motor vehicle, Maintenance or equivalent (post high school).
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent
- Current valid UAE driving license is desirable
- Minimum three (3) year experience within a motor vehicle maintenance workshop or similar environment
- Airport experience is considered as added advantage for this position
- This position requires a very good level of spoken and written English.
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point)
- Ability to perform safely and correctly the following on a range of motor vehicles equipment and pipework systems- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
What's in it for you?
At Serco, our core values drive everything we do, and we believe in fairly compensating our colleagues for the value they bring to our organization. We are proud to offer a total reward package at Serco which includes:
- Competitive monthly pay and allowances that are commensurate with the role and industry standards
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage and life insurance, so our employees can feel secure in their health and financial wellbeing
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer competitive leave benefits that exceed industry standards
- We offer an annual airfare allowance to support our expat colleagues to stay in touch and visit their loved ones
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive work environment where we foster a positive Safety-First culture
- We care deeply about our colleagues' wellbeing and offer access to wellbeing programs and platforms to support their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- As a global organization, we offer a vast array of career paths for our employees to choose from. The scale and breadth of our organization provides our colleagues with opportunities for growth and variety in their career path, both regionally and globally.
At Serco, we believe there is a place here for everyone. A place where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. Our workplace culture is one that embraces diversity and fosters equity, respect, and belonging for every individual. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and creating an inclusive environment that proudly celebrates the perspectives and backgrounds that each of our employees bring to work every day.
Join Serco and be part of a values-driven organization that invests in the development and well-being of its employees and offers a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information
Take pride in what you do