Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The Electrical Technician will carry out allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and carry out remedial repairs on building services and power systems electrical assets and associated equipment. Quality of maintenance and repair services and safe working practices are paramount in carrying out the duties.
This hiring is subject to contract award
- Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance on the electrical services and systems such as, lighting, emergency lighting, small power, switchgear, motors, pumps, control panels, instrumentation EPMS (Electrical Power Management System), BMS (Building Management System), HV (High Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage) LV (Low Voltage) power distribution systems including, IPS (Isolated Power Supply), UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), generators, and other associated plant.
- Assist in monitoring electrical consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update central records as required.
- Monitor, rectify and/or repair electrical systems and services and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
- Carry out maintenance and repair activities as directed by the line manager and adhere to Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with advance knowledge in electrical equipment, power supply and distributions systems along with associated lighting and control systems in a commercial buildings or hospital or other facilities management building services engineering environment.
- Holder of Diploma in Electrical Engineering, ITI and/or Equivalent
- Vocational training certificate in electrical building services, power and distribution or other relevant and recognized qualifications in the electrical operation, maintenance and repair.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.