Technician (General Trades)
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire a Technician (General Trades) to ensure satisfactory completion of minor planned and reactive maintenance works across civil and not limited to carpentry, tiling, masonry, painting, partitioning as required around the facility.
- Provide support for the planned and reactive maintenance schedule both internally and externally to the property portfolio to ensure that all building fabric work requirements are undertaken in good time and completed to a high standard.
- Ensure that all works are carried out quickly and quietly and do not interfere or disturb clients and staff.
- Identify and assist with the requisition of materials to ensure maintenance and repairs are carried out efficiently and to approved standards.
- Ensure that a clean and tidy working environment is maintained at all time by controlling tools, materials and waste products
- Carryout reinstatement works of vacant apartment-painting, masonry and carpentry works
- Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all civil works
- Safely carry out maintenance and repair activities as directed by the General Trades Supervisor and adhere to Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out all works.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Good level of the English language both written and spoken.
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high-pressure environment to meet deadlines.
- Minimum holder of a High School Diploma.
- Must hold relevant and recognized vocational trade qualifications in civil works such as carpentry, masonry, painting, glazing, plastering, carpets, and flooring surfaces or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-years experience in a building services civil works department in a commercial office building, healthcare or other suitable facilities management environment.
- Technically competent with a clear understanding of building fabric and finishes, associated tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of civil general maintenance services.
- Six Sigma certification is a preference (Yellow Belt/Green Belt/Black Belt).
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.