Technician - Power Generation & Distribution- Power Generation
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of the role is to carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on medium and low voltage engine-driven emergency power generation systems installed in the Facilities independently or as part of a technical team, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the business operations. You should be able to carry out all technical and safety instructions from staff, to conform to policy and procedures.
This role is a subject to contract award and further details will be disclosed at a later stage.
Serco has a profound understanding of the region, having been operating in the Middle East since 1947 (for more than seven decades), where it harnesses international expertise, delivered on a local level.
- Knowledge of the operations of engine-driven emergency power generation system.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards governing the installation, operation and maintenance of emergency and standby electrical power generation systems utilized in utility infrastructure.
- Knowledge of all the safety precautions to be observed while performing maintenance on engine-driven emergency power generation systems.
- Knowledge of the testing and certification of engine emission control systems installed on emergency power generation systems.
- Ability to raise & complete PMS fault report sheets, daily utilization reports and CMMS work orders and adopt a logical or methodical approach to troubleshooting & fault finding on automobile equipment and special vehicles.
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of electrical drawings (circuit and wiring diagrams/schematic and layout drawings) irrespective of manufacturer.
- Can correctly setup and use electrical test equipment and interpret the test results include:
- Digital Multi mete
- Low Resistance Ohmmeter
- Insulation Resistance Tester
- Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker Tester
- Earth Fault Loop Resistance Tester
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Promoting a Zero Harm culture within own team and all suppliers and sub-contractors engaged on Projects work
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
- Industrial Training Institute Diploma in Generator Maintenance or equivalent.
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Current valid UAE driving license is desirable.
- Minimum three (3) year experience within commercial power generators environment or similar.
- This position requires a very good level of spoken and written English to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point).
- Ability to perform safely and correctly the following on Medium Voltage (MV) &Low voltage (LV) equipment and systems:
- Electrical Isolations and LOTO
- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
- Corrective maintenance (CM)
- Breakdown maintenance (BD)
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do