Technician - Power Distribution
Make a difference every day
We are a multinational organisation with a global team of 50,000 colleagues. In the Middle East we operate in the Transport, Defence & Advisory sectors, delivering services in Asset Management, Customer Experience, Fire & Rescue and Air Navigation Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services to fulfil our purpose to impact a better future by "Bringing National Visions to Life".
We are looking for a Technician Power Distribution to carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on medium and low voltage engine-driven emergency power generation systems installed in the Facilities independently or as part of a technical team, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the business operations. You should be able to carry out all technical and safety instructions from staff, to conform to policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of the operations of engine-driven emergency power generation system.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards governing the installation, operation and maintenance of emergency and standby electrical power generation systems utilized in utility infrastructure.
- Knowledge of all the safety precautions to be observed while performing maintenance on engine-driven emergency power generation systems.
- Knowledge of the testing and certification of engine emission control systems installed on emergency power generation systems.
- Ability to raise & complete PMS fault report sheets, daily utilization reports and CMMS work orders and adopt a logical or methodical approach to troubleshooting & fault finding on automobile equipment and special vehicles.
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of electrical drawings (circuit and wiring diagrams/schematic and layout drawings) irrespective of manufacturer.
- Can correctly setup and use electrical test equipment and interpret the test results include:
- Digital Multi mete
- Low Resistance Ohmmeter
- Insulation Resistance Tester
- Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker Tester
- Earth Fault Loop Resistance Tester
- Promoting a Zero Harm culture within own team and all suppliers and sub-contractors engaged on Projects work
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
- Industrial Training Institute Diploma in Generator Maintenance or equivalent.
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Current valid UAE driving license is desirable.
- Minimum three (3) year experience within commercial power generators environment or similar.
- This position requires a very good level of spoken and written English to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point).
- Ability to perform safely and correctly the following on Medium Voltage (MV) &Low voltage (LV) equipment and systems:
- Electrical Isolations and LOTO
- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
- Corrective maintenance (CM)
- Breakdown maintenance (BD)
What's in it for you?
At Serco, our core values drive everything we do, and we believe in fairly compensating our colleagues for the value they bring to our organization. We are proud to offer a total reward package at Serco which includes:
- Competitive monthly pay and allowances that are commensurate with the role and industry standards
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage and life insurance, so our employees can feel secure in their health and financial wellbeing
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer competitive leave benefits that exceed industry standards
- We offer an annual airfare allowance to support our expat colleagues to stay in touch and visit their loved ones
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive work environment where we foster a positive Safety-First culture
- We care deeply about our colleagues' wellbeing and offer access to wellbeing programs and platforms to support their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- As a global organization, we offer a vast array of career paths for our employees to choose from. The scale and breadth of our organization provides our colleagues with opportunities for growth and variety in their career path, both regionally and globally.
At Serco, we believe there is a place here for everyone. A place where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. Our workplace culture is one that embraces diversity and fosters equity, respect, and belonging for every individual. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and creating an inclusive environment that proudly celebrates the perspectives and backgrounds that each of our employees bring to work every day.
Join Serco and be part of a values-driven organization that invests in the development and well-being of its employees and offers a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.