We are looking for a Test Systems engineer to work as part of a small, multidisciplinary team to support and develop all test systems and equipment for the site. The role will involve picking up and supporting some previously developed in house software as well as the development of brand new systems and test facilities. This is a varied role and will require someone who can adapt to work across all areas of the site (Test rigs, Engine Test, Environmental Test, Manufacturing etc.). It will also require the ability to work on several projects in parallel.
* To provide day to day support and development of existing in house developed test software written in LabVIEW
* To aid in the development of new features and software capabilities of our test systems
* To provide technical, cost effective test facility solutions in alignment with TCG / global PHINIA test strategy
* Design & development of existing & new facilities, equipment, systems & processes.
* Analyse customer's test requirements and formulate technical cost-effective solutions.
* Helping to ensure that our inhouse develop test facilities meet all current health and safety standards and local legislative requirements
* Working on design & development projects from concept to full integration to agreed budget / timescales.
* Providing test system engineering support to other departments within the Technical Centre
* Supporting Manufacturing operations with test machine support and development.
* Global support of test systems developed inhouse and deployed to other sites (Stonehouse, Iasi, Izmir, Yantai)
* Performing Risk Assessments and Safety Observation Tours in line with site Health and Safety Requirements
What we're looking for
* Experience in test system development / integration
* Broad experience in multiple engineering disciplines
* Basic knowledge of hydraulic / pneumatic systems
* Knowledge of software development principles
* Coding experience * Strong problem-solving abilities
* Strong knowledge of data acquisition systems
* Experience in instrumentation & control systems
* Good knowledge of PCs and computer systems
* Experience and knowledge of fuel injection systems.
* Basic knowledge electrical drive systems
* Experience in rotational machinery
* LabVIEW Software Development
* Experience with National Instruments hardware
* Experience with using off the shelf microcontrollers and development boards (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, M5 Stack)
* Solidworks experience
* Electrical system knowledge
* Engine Test experience
* Experience in project management.
* Experience developing PLC code
* Experience with ECU development and calibration tools (VISU, INCA etc.)
* Degree in appropriate engineering discipline or apprenticeship + 5 years' experience Desirable
* LabVIEW Certified Developer
* Solidworks Certifications
* Siemens S7/TIA Portal
* 18th Edition Requirements for Electrical Installations ATTRIBUTES
* Ability to work under own initiative
* Flexible approach
* Strong problem-solving mindset
* Work as part of a small multidisciplinary team.
* Ability to travel to other sites in the UK and worldwide.