Bespoke (Drawn) Tooling
Provide tooling support for the continual maintenance, repair, rectification and inspection of Airbus production jigs and fixtures. Participate in practical problem-solving activities associated with any tooling issues. Prepare and develop periodic preventative maintenance schedules for Airbus bespoke production tooling.
Create tooling specifications, tool concepts and tool drawings for the manufacturing & maintenance of tools, jigs and fixtures. Engage with external suppliers for the project management and delivery of conformed tools, jigs and fixtures.
Create and develop Numerical Control Programs to be applied in Manufacturing, Simulation & Test, which will be used by 5 Axis CNC machines. Optimise and implement Numerical Control Programs in order to follow and continuously improve the procedures & processes.
- Participate in workshops for assessing, improving & setting up of assembly tooling. Evaluate & repair damaged tooling. Set up new tooling before use. Timely intervention in cases of tooling failure or production issues on the shop floor or assembly line. Devise & implement the manufacturing and assembly tooling's periodical maintenance and inspection. Attend & act upon Practical Problem-Solving issues with any bespoke tooling.
- Define NC Programs according to the Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering specifications. Support jigs and tools specification, making numerical simulations, validating and optimising NC Programs. - Develop, test and integrate the NC Program in the distribution system (DNC) or on the machine under the supervision of the Production Line or Shop floor. - Participate in the demonstration testing and analysis with Work Preparation, Quality and Production. Inputs: New Process need (or improvement), Engineering or Manufacturing Design model (material, tolerance, jigs, Digital Mock-Up,). Programming Software. Manufacturing feedback (historic of maturity, old similar programs). Outputs: NC Programs and Technical Instructions (Instruction Sheet, SOI, Simulation Test) for Numerical Control manufacturing processes.
- Can work well in a team and as an individual
- Self-motivating and ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good written and oral communication skills from shop floor to management
- Practical skills and ability to repair and maintain production bespoke tooling
- NC programming - understanding "G" codes
- HNC in engineering or >10 years' Experience in Jig and Tool Design/Engineering
- Awareness of tooling maintenance requirements
- Catia V5
- IT literate
- Ability to prepare tooling specifications & maintenance plans
- Fanuc / Siemens NC knowledge
- Dimensional metrology systems (CMM, Laser Tracker, Photogrammetry, Faro Arm etc)
- Use of Spatial Analyzer software
- Mechanical Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) experience
- Practical Problem Solving (PPS) skills
- PFMEA knowledge
- Google Suite and Microsoft computer operating platforms
- MDM-R vaulting
- Knowledge of Robotics & Automation
- Awareness of machine directive legislation and requirements
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.