Trade / Retail Salesperson
Salary and Benefits: Rate of pay dependent on experience - Free on-site parking - 20 days + bank holidays - extra holiday gained as part of a long service award.
Premises within walking distance of Waterlooville town centre
Working Hours: Monday to Friday: 7:30am - 5pm with 1hr Lunch Break Saturday Mornings [2 on, 1 off]: 7:30am - 12:30pm
Our client, founded in 1882, is the oldest Timber importer and Merchant in Waterlooville, just north of Portsmouth, Hampshire. They are looking for a permanent full time salesperson to work at their busy Retail & Trade Counter.
Key Responsibilities for the Trade / Retail Salesperson:-
- Welcoming customers by greeting them; offering assistance and advice where necessary
- Cash handling; including processing cash, debit & credit cards, check payments and refunds
- Raising invoices and credit notes
- Supporting work processes by preparing, sorting, measuring, cutting, adding, trimming, and loading materials where required
- Stock rotation & replenishment
- Maintain clean and safe working areas; following safety rules and procedures and wearing personal protective equipment (supplied)
- Adhoc Projects and General duties where required
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills including good written and verbal communication skills. They will be dependable and punctual and must be a team player. Timber Knowledge and Warehouse Experience are preferred but not essential as full on-site training will be given for the successful Trade / Salesperson if needed. Please note that there is a lot of Manual Handling & Lifting involved and a lot of outdoor work so you must consider yourself in general good health. You must live within a commutable distance of Waterlooville area.
Skills / Qualifications for the Trade / Salesperson:
- Customer Service; including good written and verbal communication skills
- Daily computer use - some knowledge of MS Office an advantage
- Dependable & Punctual and must be a team player
- Some Manual Handling/Lifting will be involved
- Timber Knowledge and Retail experience are preferred but not essential as full on-site training will be given
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Trade / Retail Salesperson position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
JOB TITLE: Trade / Retail Salesperson
LOCATION: Waterlooville just north of Portsmouth, Hampshire