Your New Role
National Highways have an excellent opportunity for an ITS Engineer to undertake the identification of asset needs and develop early solutions for the Technology/Tunnels asset class, while assuring adherence to defined asset policies and standards; the role may be required to work unsociable hours.
This position will be based in Guildford, Maidstone or Basingstoke.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you’ll be leading on
- Ensuring the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
- Undertaking the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs in order to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
- Developing early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
- Monitoring the delivery of agreed early solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues.
- To ensure that asset data and condition information is captured and maintained in the relevant database(s), in line with agreed standards and timescales.
To be successful you’ll need
- Good understanding of the highway ITS sector
- Understanding of asset management decision making (capital investment, lifecycle costs, value optimisation, service & availability optimisation, social & economic knowledge)
- Good personal impact and the ability to inspire confidence and positive action
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong customer focus
A bit about us
We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future. We achieve this through the delivery our capital programme, supporting customers on the road with our Traffic Officer Service and managing incidents effectively.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number ?#4204
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires