This is the job
To provide a quality, professional and effective Assessment of Clients vehicles against pre-specified criteria.
Provide advice and assistance within own area of competence, ensuring that in other cases where client requires information, or assistance are directed to the appropriate Team Leader or the Client's service or department.
What will I be doing?
- Contribute to the effective operation and commercial benefit of the Client's business by providing a vehicle Mechanical Report to the Client's business customers/organisations.
- Promote the the Client and its services by projecting an efficient and professional image at all times.
- Carry out vehicle checks to a high standard on client's premises against set criteria within set time frames.
- Working on site without direct supervision from their line manager/superior.
- Ensure the optimum use of time and costs when undertaking diagnostic work.
- Ensure any equipment issued is kept safe and used as per training and is recharged every night or as required.
- Use all PPE issued equipment as required and ensure compliance with any site-specific H+S instructions given by the the Client's clients.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in the field of automotive systems ensuring that all equipment tooling can be used in an efficient and correct manner.
- Work to the Client issued codes of conduct covering personal standards
- Maintain to a high standard of serviceability and cleanliness all of the equipment, Uniform and tooling issued, reporting any loss, theft or breakage to line manager immediately
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Mechanical qualifications at L2 City and Guilds or L2 NVQ in mechanics or Equivalent
- Driving licence (car) with max 6 points
- Able to get to client's site (no company vehicle provided)
- 2 Good references, 1 being from the previous employer.
- Willingness to progress
- Ability to work independently and as part of an onsite team
- Ability to work with other workers not employed by the Client on the same working site
- Previous car inspection or appraisal work
- Previous mot experience
Education and Qualifications:
- L2 City and guilds in mechanical (or above)
- L2 NVQ in mechanical (or above)
- Must be able to attend a residential training period of up to 1 weeks
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.