Roles available: Teaching army cohorts who have just finished their first 16 weeks since joining and are then starting their specialised course and the other role will be delivering subsequent training for tracked vehicles to those who have been in the army for 4-5 years and are completing a refresher course or learning something new.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment, and new training delivery methodologies.
- Ensure that lesson plans and training sessions are developed in accordance with the approved training Documentation and reviewing course content
- Assessment of trainees to include written examination and practical assessments.
- Creation of practical assessment/examination scenario and continuous assessments.
- Marking of examination papers, setting and marking of course and homework, invigilation of examination and assessments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of trainees to best support their learning experience.
- Ensuring trainee development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and addressing any special student developmental needs.
- Student administration including course reports and student training records.
- To be responsible for the duty of care of trainees during the delivery of training.
We are looking for candidate with the following:
- Qualified in a motor vehicle related apprenticeship and/or qualification to a recognised level 3 NVQ
- Teaching Qualification or Defence Train The Trainer Course would be desirable but not essential
- Experience working in a motor vehicle workshop environment is essential
- Experience working in a military environment would be desirable.
- Very good IT Skills
- The ability to creates an environment of development and learning where everyone can excel
My client is offering
- A starting salary of £34,500 - 37,000 (depending on qualifications)
- A full time permanent contract
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Buy & Sell Annual leave
- 'Be Kind Day' for volunteering work
SC clearance is required for this role and applicants must be based in the UK.
If you are interested in this vacancy please email Katharine Winter at Barclay Meade.