Watch Manager / Training Manager - Talent Pool
Make a difference every day
We are a multinational organisation with a global team of 50,000 colleagues. In the Middle East we operate in the Transport, Defence & Advisory sectors, delivering services in Asset Management, Customer Experience, Fire & Rescue and Air Navigation Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services to fulfil our purpose to impact a better future by "Bringing National Visions to Life".
Manage the main fire station and ensure around the clock readiness of crew and equipment. Responsible for the management and performance of station personnel in the provision of 24/7 aviation focused Rescue & Firefighting Services (RFFS), including but not limited to: the provision of ARFF services to designated airfield to the specified GACA Category, for civilian aircraft and provide SRFF services in response to incidents, including fire, rescues, building and facility emergencies, storms, flooding, motor vehicle accidents, hazardous materials release and de-contamination/clean up tasks.
Based in a remote location in Saudi Arabia, the successful candidates will be NFPA qualified fire and rescue professionals with substantial experience within a similar Watch / Chief / Station Manager position. Experience providing fire and rescue services within an airport will be vital to being successful in the role. In addition, the opportunity will suit individuals who enjoy working within a team and enjoy spending time within a close community type environment, since this is a live in position.
- Required to be fully conversant with airport requirement documents and policies, able to demonstrate underpinning knowledge and understanding of local/international RFFS standards and regulations (GACAA/NFPA/ICAO).
- Assumes the role of Incident Commander at medium-scale and protracted incidents or when required, maintaining fire service responsibility for command and control.
- Assumes the role of Sector Commander at large-scale and protracted incidents.
- Leads/Manages fire crews of their assigned vehicle or equipment in the performance of all firefighting, rescue or other required duties
- Leads/Manages the crews of all assigned vehicles or equipment in the performance of all firefighting, rescue or other required duties during a multiple vehicle deployment incident
- Performs any other role and/or associated duties as required and assigned by their line management. May deputise for the Fire Chief in their absence
- University Degree or equivalent training certificates in a fire/rescue related subject and preferably a certificate in training
- Applicants must be NFPA certified competent in role and as a minimum requirement, qualified to an Aviation Rescue & Firefighting Service standard recognised by international/regional regulatory bodies
- Demonstrable experience in fire/rescue services as a Crew Chief or similar position
- Certified 'Medically Fit' for the role
- Fluent in English Communication in both Oral and Written
- Happy to work in a remote location
- Valid light and heavy vehicle operator license in country of origin
What's in it for you?
At Serco, our core values drive everything we do, and we believe in fairly compensating our colleagues for the value they bring to our organization. We are proud to offer a total reward package at Serco which includes:
- Competitive monthly pay and allowances that are commensurate with the role and industry standards
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage and life insurance, so our employees can feel secure in their health and financial wellbeing
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer competitive leave benefits that exceed industry standards
- We offer an annual airfare allowance to support our expat colleagues to stay in touch and visit their loved ones
- Accommodation, transportation and meals provided
- Support with relocation to Saudi Arabia
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive work environment where we foster a positive Safety-First culture
- We care deeply about our colleagues' wellbeing and offer access to wellbeing programs and platforms to support their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- As a global organization, we offer a vast array of career paths for our employees to choose from. The scale and breadth of our organization provides our colleagues with opportunities for growth and variety in their career path, both regionally and globally.
At Serco, we believe there is a place here for everyone. A place where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. Our workplace culture is one that embraces diversity and fosters equity, respect, and belonging for every individual. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and creating an inclusive environment that proudly celebrates the perspectives and backgrounds that each of our employees bring to work every day.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.