A highly successful live event ticketing software company, is looking for a Full??Stack Web Developer with experience in multiple web development frameworks to join the team.
Owners of the VIA Ticketing System, they provide software, services and consultancy to festivals and venues around the world. They are the ticketing solution that drives the Edinburgh Festival Fringe (the largest arts festival in the world), as well as the largest arts festivals on four continents with clients across the UK, Australia, South Africa, UAE and Canada.
They use a wide range of innovative and unique technologies that enable their clients to deliver the ultimate customer experience and provide the best solutions for event sales, data capture and distribution.
They are currently looking for a talented Web Developer to take a very successful ticketing platform to the next level, into a cloud??based SaaS architecture. They are looking for a committed, hard??working and self-??motivated individual who enjoys the challenges of building new platforms using a range of technologies.
About the Full Stack Web Developer role:
- Working as part of the development team and with the Technical Director to ensure that releases are made to schedule and are in alignment with the company's technical strategy
- Creating technical specifications and implementation plans for code
- Delivering high??quality work in a fast??paced, Agile development environment, ensuring all products are consistent in design and style
- Assisting the undertaking of technical testing of new releases
- Pair programming with other developers when required, and taking part in peer code reviews
- Relevant degree in computer science, web design, or similar, or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience with modern web frameworks, such as Angular, REACT, Vue.js
- Awareness of modern web tech and concepts such as JSON, REST APIs, JWT authentication, Web Sockets
- Experience of Java, preferably J2EE including JMS, EJB & JPA
- Some experience with relational databases
- Ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code
- Great attention to detail
- Wildfly / Redhat EAP or equivalent Java Application Server
- Knowledge of SCRUM
- Experience with source control (they use both SVN & Git)
- Experience working with automated testing tools and interfacing with a testing team
- Successful use of software development methodologies and processes such as TDD, BDD, CI and CD
VIA has solid foundations in Java, so a reasonable working knowledge in this area is highly preferable. As we move deeper into the SaaS world, web technologies and frameworks will become a major part of your day, so it's important that you are equally at home in this part of your role as you are with getting your hands dirty with some back??end Java coding.
If you're enthusiastic about building with new technologies and keen to work in a team that competes in an exciting global market, then they would love to talk to you.