Wing Build Support Engineer
Location - Broughton
Non-Approver rate - £31.75 PAYE or £42.00 Umbrella
Approver rate - £36.29 PAYE or £48.00 Umbrella
Contract Length - 12 Months (possible extension)
Within the Broughton Wing Plant Engineering Team (PET) we are looking to recruit Build Support Engineer supporting the Single Aisle (SA) and Widebody Wing Equipping (WB) Component Delivery Teams (CDTs). The successful applicants will be part of our fast moving teams who deliver high quality Build Support to meet the needs of the Plant.
The team's function is to provide reactive and proactive engineering support to the CDTs to ensure the achievement of their business objectives. The team also looks to identify opportunities to optimise the design and industrial system in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering to promote a true MEET (Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Together) ethos.
Aspects of the Role
Tangible Deliverables to Time, Cost and Quality:
- Act as the link between Engineering and Manufacturing, ensuring co-design solutions which are suitable for the industrial system whilst maintaining an engineering and most important customer perspective
- Support the design definition and communicate the industrial requirements into the wider engineering community.
- Provide proactive product improvement which supports modifications to reduce Recurring Costs, Non-Recurring Costs and Non-Conformances throughout the SA & WB value stream.
- Provide 'lineside' build support and act as the focal point for any Engineering topics within the Wing Plant CDTs including root cause analysis investigations into all abnormalities arising from design queries.
- Support initiatives to further enhance team efficiency and effectiveness through application of methods, tools, processes and/or other capability improvements (e.g. achievement of AOS goals, sustainability goals, etc).
- Maintain and further enhance working relationships with key stakeholders
- Be a role model exemplifying the Airbus Values
Required Competencies & Abilities:
- Motivated and self-driven with the ability to work autonomously when required, whilst being a strong team player.
- Deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
- Anticipation mindset, able to identify risks/opportunities and manage them appropriately
- Understand and synthesise multiple complex activities, simplify and communicate them clearly, on a timely basis, to all stakeholders as needed.
- Innovative mindset, able to think freely with a degree of curiosity to explore new or alternative ideas and approaches.
- Strong interest in developing own capabilities and those of the team to match the needs of an evolving Airbus ecosystem.
- Work in an open and trusting environment.
- Candidate needs to have structures design experience
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.