Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Flexible working, in addition to working overtime and unsociable hours as and when required.
Driving license required, and ability to travel to alternative locations in the UK and abroad to undertake occasional off-site activities is required.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner
Reporting to the Assembly Team Leader, we are looking to recruit Wirer Fitter in the assembly department.
As a Wirer Fitter, you will assemble and wire electronic control cubicles systems and sub-assemblies to drawings, wiring schedules and circuit diagrams in a timely and professional manner. Refurbish returned equipment and Install and modify equipment on customer's premises.
- To ensure health and safety legislation and policies are adhered to, to ensure a safe and legally compliant working environment.
* To review job package upon receipt.
* Prioritise build sequence.
* To check drawings prior to commencing build.
* Build job utilising all relevant information e.g. GA'S, Circuit diagrams and wiring schedules.
* Ensure all work is completed to Company standard.
* Recognise and overcome problems of shortage of build materials.
* To undertake the build of first off/prototype equipment and liaise with Engineering to achieve optimum solutions.
* Liaise with Engineering with regards to any design change/rectification.
* Liaise with QHSE department with regards to standards, i.e. IPC610/IPC620.
* Liaise with Supply Chain with regards to component/material problems.
* To work with Test/Engineering to resolve problems as they occur.
* To operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner.
* To create live DRS sheets for the Assembly Team Leader and/or Manufacturing Engineer.
* Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by Management.
* To instruct and guide new employees, Apprentices and trainees.
* Assist with the training of Apprentices to achieve the required level of job performance and competency.
- Awareness and understanding of Health and Safety requirements and legislation.
* Experience in a comparable role within a similar industry.
* A proven ability to correctly interpret manufacturing information and carry out related self- inspection tasks.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* Knowledge of internal and ISO9001; 2015 Quality Management Systems.
* Knowledge of ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management.
* Knowledge of modern manufacturing management techniques.
* The ability to work on own initiative.
* Knowledge of 5S continuous improvement and 7W waste elimination processes.
* Awareness of ESD.
* PC literate in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
* GCSE Grade C/4 Math's & English or equivalent.
* Apprentice trained.
* Experience of using an ERP system.
* Ability to plumb pipe work etc. for water cooled equipment.
* IPC 610 & 620 qualification.
Specialist training required/Application specific training:
* J - STD - 001 soldering standard.
For full information, please get in touch!