Your new role
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Workplace Solutions Strategy Planner to join our Estates and Facilities Management Team. You will be required to travel to other sites as part of your role.
In your role, you will be accountable for leading the co-ordination and delivery of the National Highways Workplace & Location Strategy as it transforms and adapts to better meet the needs of the business, reduces its overall office footprint and have a greener, lower carbon and more sustainable estate.
What you’ll be leading on
- Strategic planning for National Highways long term ambition to have an estate that better meet the needs of the business, reduces its overall office footprint and have a greener, lower carbon and more sustainable estate.
- Establishing all accommodation options across the national estate portfolio.
- Providing recommendations and solutions to successfully deliver the Workplace & Location Strategy in line with our data led approach.
- Engagement with Estates & FM ‘Heads Of’ to ensure our strategic objectives align with other workstreams.
- Engagement with Operations to gain a good understanding of the operational estate and future requirements to support operational delivery.
- Collation of information from Estates & FM and other key parts of the business to build a holistic overview of current and future accommodation requirements, in line with lease events, for National Highways to demonstrate a range of options, timelines and financial implications.
- Providing information to support and co-create business cases to progress optimal estates solutions identified through the strategy planning process.
To be successful you’ll need
- Excellent understanding of Estates and Facilities teams and supply chain, business processes, programme of estates projects.
- Experience of working with a varied and complex estate.
- Strong programme and project management skills, with a proven track record in successful delivery of large, time-sensitive, and complex programmes.
- Experience of writing good quality, detailed business cases.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise and manage own workflow, and that of others as required, to enable timely delivery of reports and other objectives.
A bit about us
The National Highways estate is complex, spanning a huge variety of property types, from depots, outstations and control centres through to farmland and houses. Our division is responsible for all manner of property matters for this estate, ranging from acquiring sites and buildings for our occupation all the way through to the disposal of surplus land.
As part of FBS, we work closely across the business to ensure the estate reflects the current needs of the company and our people.
Want to know more?
Please email email@example.com quoting #4893
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
An informal blended working approach has been adopted for many of our roles across National Highways. We offer many different ways to work flexibly and we’re open to discuss part-time working, job shares, and flexible start and finish times.
Please wait until the interview stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires