The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction course, previously known as the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction certificate, is a leading qualification for the construction industry. It'll give you the skill, knowledge and confidence to manage and reduce risk on a construction site.
The course will give you an understanding of the requirements and particular duties of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. You’ll discover a range of construction hazards and control measures. Plus, you’ll develop specialist construction risk assessment skills so that you can improve standards in changing workplaces and sites.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction courses will give you the technical knowledge, practical skills, and confidence to:
- Create a safe working environment and protect people from injuries and ill-health.
- Ensure you, your team, and your company is working in compliance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Strengthen your safety culture and boost employee wellbeing.
- Improve your competitive advantage and increase your employability.
- Expand your confidence, skills, and competencies in health and safety management.
- Advance your leadership abilities and improve your decision-making.
- Network with other safety professionals from world-leading organisations.
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is for those working in construction, civil engineering, utilities, property management, and broadcasting. It’s ideal for:
Construction Site Managers
Site workers with health and safety responsibilities
Construction health and safety advisors
The course is also an excellent complementary qualification for health and safety professionals working in other industries and who want to add construction safety to their skillset.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction is a level-3 qualification specific to the construction industry. It replaced the NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety in March 2021.
The newly updated course is designed to help you better manage health and safety by implementing safe systems of work, challenging unsafe behaviour, and offering practical solutions to reduce and manage risk. It’s guided by the latest Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and the specific duties placed on each role within a project.
The course takes a practical approach to ensure you can directly apply and adapt your learning to changing workplaces and construction sites.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction meets the academic requirements for:
- Technical Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (TechIOSH)
- Associate Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (AIOSH)
- Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (AIIRSM).
- Associate Membership of the Association for Project Safety (AaPS)
- Black Card for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS)
NEBOSH recommends 116 notional learning hours. These are divided up depending on your chosen learning method:
Online learning: our online course enables you to complete your studying in your own time and pace over 12 months.
Virtual learning: tutor-led courses last ten days split over two weeks. Sessions are usually scheduled from 9 am – 4:30 pm GMT.