The NEBOSH International Diploma is a leading qualification for health and safety professionals outside the UK.
It'll teach you how to develop strategy, raise safety standards and drive change in your company.
Based on international best practice, the NEBOSH International Diploma provides a body of knowledge that's shared by a global community of HSE practitioners, all working to progress the health and safety industry.
The NEBOSH International Diploma is recognised as the mark of a competent health and safety professional. Combined with practical experience, it'll give the credentials to aim for Head of Health and Safety - and beyond!
The NEBOSH Diploma will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to:
- Proactively manage risk to protect people from injury in dangerous, complex environments.
- Super-charge company performance with an effective health and safety strategy.
- Influence culture, drive change and lead a safety-focused workforce on a global scale.
- Accelerate your career and apply for senior health and safety roles.
You should already have a fundamental understanding of health and safety issues, such as risk management, hazard control, accident investigation, and international regulation.
We always recommend taking a foundation-level qualification like the NEBOSH International Certificate or having at least 5 years’ work experience before taking the course.
You’ll also need to have a good level of communication to critically analyze information and apply it to any given scenario.
We always recommend taking the NEBOSH International Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety before taking the International Diploma to ensure you can meet the demands of the course.
The NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals (often called the NEBOSH Diploma) is a level-6, advanced qualification in health and safety. It replaced the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety in April 2021.
The NEBOSH International Diploma is recognised by employers and professional membership bodies all around the world. It meets the academic requirements for membership of:
- The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- The International Institute of Risk Management (IIRM)
- The Australian OHS Education Accreditation Board
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP)
- The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM)
- South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH)
It'll help you enhance your strategic thinking, develop leadership skills, and take on a senior health and safety role.
As globalisation increases, governments and employers recognise the need for a consistent high-standard in health and safety for people in all parts of the world.
Based on international standards, the NEBOSH International Diploma provides a recognised level of practice that helps to improve safety standards and advance the profession on a global scale.
The NEBOSH Diploma is for ambitious professionals already working in health and safety and looking to take their skills to a strategic level, such as:
- Health and Safety Managers, Advisors, or Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Training Coordinators
- Quality, Risk, and Environmental workers
The NEBOSH Diploma is designed to help aspiring leaders progress in the industry. By combining specialist risk management knowledge with practical experience and business acumen, you’ll have the credentials to aim for Head of Health and Safety - and beyond!
NEBOSH recommends at least 475 hours of study